Construction Soil Testing
Soil testing from SGS – assess the suitability of the soil for your construction project with vital data for informed decision making and planning.
The quality of the soil on your site plays a key role in your construction projects. As a result, you need to identify the characteristics of the soil to determine its ability to support your structure. Soil testing from SGS enables you to assess the suitability of the soil, providing you with vital data for informed decision making and planning.
Why use soil testing from SGS for your construction projects?
Our soil testing services examine your soil’s chemical and geotechnical properties, enabling you to:
- Determine the suitability of the soil and assess whether it can accommodate your construction project
- Identify the different types of soil on your site and their location
- Test your soil for strength, density, compaction, contamination, organics and sand content, and assess their impact on your construction project
- Gain the data you need to compile technical and safety data reports to support planning permissions and license applications
- Get precise results and observe the development of the soil throughout your construction project for maximum quality and safety
Trusted soil testing from a leading provider
As a leading provider, we are fully accredited and qualified to perform soil testing according to national and international quality standards. Plus, with our unrivaled global network and experience, we are the first choice for civil engineering contractors, consultants, manufacturers and government agencies across the world.
Our soil testing services include:
- Complete laboratory testing for shear strength, compressive strength, consolidation, permeability, foundation load, soil index and moisture/density
- Software analysis
- Technical support and consultancy
Contact us today and find out how our soil testing can determine the suitability of your soil with vital data for informed decision making and planning.
Soil Testing in Belgium
SGS is approved to conduct soil pollution studies in Brussels and Wallonia. Our experienced teams master all the phases of a ground study, from the historic evaluation of a site to the monitoring and receipt of a remediation site, as required. Our own drilling methods and equipment, that ensures flexibility and quality of work that meets the requirements of codes of good practice applied in each region.
We are able to advise you on the best approaches to be implemented throughout your project. Our versatile team includes geologists, hydro geologists and specialized geophysicists. They will accompany you in the fields of hydro geological research and modeling, the establishment of catchment protection zones, the search for karsts or other underground anomalies and the characterization of the subsoil, usually in combination with our geotechnical services.
Understanding your expectations, identifying the precise context in which you operate and providing practical, tailored and reliable solutions is our daily challenge.
Contact us for more information.